04 Feb Ten Rules of Relationship
In honor of Valentine’s Day coming up, I wanted to give you what I believe are 10 simple rules for a strong relationship. Being married for 35 years, I can say we are witnesses to the power of these simple things and the hurt that happens without them. Here you go.
10 Simple Rules of Relationship
1. Do not boss or otherwise direct your partner as to what he or she should be doing.
2. Do not engage in petty arguments about who is right and who is wrong. You both are right and both are wrong.
3. Do not pretend to not care when the other one hurts your feelings. Speak up and both be kind-hearted toward one another.
4. This is not a competition where one person wins and one person loses. You both win or lose.
5. Be careful not to insult or make fun of the other, even with small jokes. It hurts and breaks trust.
6. Do not engage in sexual innuendo with others outside the relationship.
7. Protect one another’s value and honor each other in little ways showing small acts of kindness daily.
8. Be especially kind and do not commit another to something without asking.
9. Be generous to help each other accomplish what is important to one another.
10. Always put the needs of the other above your own needs and as you do this each will feel loved and taken care of. The minute you put yourself ahead is the moment the relationship will suffer.